Wednesday 3 July 2013

June Favourites 2013



So let's start off with the products that have made a reappearance. Firstly, Origins Vitazing is making another appearance in this month's favourites. It does not provide much coverage but it evens out my complexion enough that I only need to apply concealer to the darker areas of my face e.g., around my nose and chin. Secondly, is Revlon's Lip Butter in Berry Smoothie. Perfect everyday berry colour with a moisturising formula. A staple in my collection. 

Concealer of choice this month has been Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch Highlighting Concealer. I bought this a few weeks again during Chemist Warehouse's massive 50% sale off various makeup brands including Maybelline. I can't remember how much I bought it for in the end, but it was definitely under $10. I apply this under the eyes and it immediately wakes up my tired eyes. I also apply this around my nose, cupid's bow and down the bridge of my nose to also brighten up those areas. I have literally been wearing this concealer everyday. I do set this with a powder because it will crease if I don't (I learnt this the hard way and got a fright when I looked in the mirror during my lunch break!). My dark circles aren't too bad so I find that even though this isn't designed to conceal, it does the job for me when I wake up and those pesky circles aren't too obvious that day. I will however, apply a proper concealer under this if I find I need more coverage. My only gripe with this product is that there is only 1.5ml which means that you don't get a lot of product at all and I've already made a considerable dent in mine.  

For eyes I have been loving my Too Faced Shadow Insurance coupled with a mid-tone warm brown (bottom row, third from the left pictured above) from my Sleek Oh So Special palette. I find that the Too Faced Shadow Insurance stops my eyeshadow from creasing and helps it to last throughout the day. In terms of the shadow, I apply this to my entire eyelid as a wash of colour. Now don't get me wrong.. I still love MAC's Bamboo eyeshadow that I wrote about last month, but I find that it can be too warm to apply all over the lid. 

For brows I always use my Maybelline Define-a-Brow and has been repurchased on numerous occasions. The tail of my brows are stubborn little things, so this product allows me to fill in the end of my brows. It is quick and easy in the morning and the product is thin enough to make hair-like strokes, PLUS it lasts all day on me. 

A gadget that I have been loving is the Models Prefer Lipstick Organiser. I store most of my makeup in those A4 drawers that are made for filing. Definitely not the prettiest thing out there, but it is cheap and practical and allows me to store my entire collection in a 5 drawer set. The problem with this is that I forget what I have and gravitate towards the same lipsticks over and over again. This organiser reminds me to use a variety of my lipsticks so that more lipsticks feel the love :)

I have had a few spots this month and have been relying on Origins Super Spot Remover which I find helps clear up my spots quicker. It's great for those surface pimples as opposed to the pimples deep under the skin. It is a gel consistency and applies clear. It is my spot treatment of choice and has been for the last couple of years. 

What products did you enjoy during the month of June?

Jess
xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment