Tuesday 30 July 2013

The Affordable 5 Product Face


So you know those days where you wake up, you casually sit up, you look at your clock and then have a mild freak out because you have literally got 5 minutes to get out the door OR you wake up when you're meant to leave. Yep.. well that happened to me a few weeks ago. I woke up when I was meant to be at work in 10 minutes .. and it takes me 20 minutes to drive to work on a good day. I can't help it but in those situations I still feel like I need to wear makeup to work. It's all good if it's a brunch date with friends I'll happily grudgingly leave without makeup, but for work I need to feel put together. So in comes the 5 product face. 5 products that are a no-brainer and you can whip then out when you're in a pickle. I've chosen 5 that won't break the bank :)

1. First things first, cover up those areas of redness, dark circles, blemishes all with one product Maybelline Fit Me Concealer. This has excellent coverage for it's price and is definitely a concealer I'd recommend if you want one on the cheaper end. 

2. Next up, brows. Fill those things in.. they frame your face and can make a huge difference to your appearance. I use Maybelline Define-a-Brow

3. Lashings of mascara. I have puny eyelashes and my eyes actually look like they have no eyelashes if they haven't been curled or have no mascara applied. My Covergirl Clump Crusher is currently on it's last legs but I have been loving it.. more so when it's dried out a bit. It provides my lashes with a good amount of length, volume with minimal clumps.  

4. Use your lipstick as both a lipstick AND a blush. I used Revlon's Lip Butter in Sweet Tart which provides a lovely pink flush and 'wakes up' my complexion. Slap that lipstick on your lips, then apply some on your cheeks and blend it in with your fingers. 

5. Lastly, a powder. I have a current love affair with Rimmel's Stay Matter Powder. Now, if your skin holds makeup well and powder is not necessary, skip this step. 

And there you have it.. my 5 product face. Easy for on the go, fast makeup that helps you look like you didn't just roll out of bed. The only thing that really needs a brush is the powder and to be honest, it is the least necessary step out of the lot. 


What do you use when you're in a pickle and need fast, reliable makeup?

Jess
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment