Tuesday 21 May 2013

Colours of the Rainbow TAG!

Hi All,

So I've been watching a lot of the Colour of the Rainbow Tags on youtube lately. If you are unfamiliar with this tag, this tag was created by Becky from TalkBeckyTalk on youtube. The idea of the tag is that you have to list you favourite beauty or fashion item for each colour of the rainbow, with the addition of pink! 

Let's get started!

Red
Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Anti-Chip Top Coat

This top coat has been in my nail collection for quite a few months now. I was tossing up between my beloved red nail polish or this top coat for this tag. I settled on this top coat because without fail, it doesn't matter what nail polish I'm using, I will always finish it off with this. Admittedly, it is not the fastest drying top coat but it definitely reduces the drying time and leaves my nails with a nice shine when it's dried. 

Orange
Illamasqua Blush in Lover (Top Blush)


I loveee me some blush. I would choose blush over bronzer any day. I really do believe it adds 'life to your face' as they all say. This colour came in a blush duo along with the colour 'Lover' (bottom blush), which sidenote, is also amazing. It's the perfect peach colour for my medium olive skin tone and I gravitate towards the blush at least a few times a week!





Yellow 
L'Oreal Professionnel Mythic Oil


This product is marketed as nourishing hair oil for all hair types and contains avocado and grapeseed oil. I use this product two different ways - sometimes I will use both ways on the same occasion and other times I will just use one method, depending on what I feel my hair needs that day

First Method
I dispense 1 pump of this product into my hands and apply it to the mid-lengths to ends of my damp hair. I then blow-dry my hair as normal. I find that when I use this product my hair is a lot softer and silkier. 

Second Method
I dispense 1 pump of this product into my hands and apply it to the mid-lengths to ends of my dry hair. I find that this helps to add shine, softness and eliminates frizz. 

Green
Batiste Dry Shampoo in Tropical


Within the last 6 months I have changed from washing my hair everyday to every second day. I know it's bad to wash your hair everyday but I found that my hair was too greasy to leave it a second day. However,I have to say that after a couple of months of not washing my hair everyday, it seemed like my hair was getting "used" to it and appeared less greasy than when I first started washing it every second day (maybe it's just me?!). Nevertheless, my hair can still get greasy on the second day and this dry shampoo is a life-saver. It definitely reduces the oily build-up (ew!) in my hair. I've tried different scents from the brand, but prefer this one. It smells like coconut!

Just a word of warning, This dry shampoo sprays out white. Having black hair this is definitely not ideal. As a result, I spray this at least 20cm from my head, underneath the top layer of my hair and at my roots. I find that by not spraying it directly to the top of my 
head, if there is any white residue it can't be seen. I 
leave it for a minute or top, rub it in with my hands and 
then brush it through. 


Blue
Sally Hansen Nail Polish in Pacific Blue


There's a lot of hype surrounding this nail polish, and with good reason. It's the perfect 'happy blue' as I like to call it. Perfect against tanned skin and for the summer (I am so jealous of anyone who is heading into summer right now!)














Indigo
My 'Indigo' Dejour Jeans


As someone who is stands at a whole 5ft (and a half!), it is so difficult to find jeans that fit me properly. If you have the same problem and live in Melbourne, I highly recommend Dejour Jeans. They are located on Sydney Road, Brunswick and do have a facebook page so check it out! Basically, their jeans are all around $50 and they have jeans for both men and women. The beauty about Dejour Jeans is that they tailor your jeans to fit you on the spot .. at no extra charge!! It also doesn't matter if the jeans are one size too big.. they will alter them to fit you perfectly. $50 for tailored jeans is one of the best deals I've 
come across. 

Violet
Michael Todd True Organics Blue Green Algae Toner


Not a very appealing name with 'algae' in there but definitely a lovely product. I use this in the morning after my cleanser. It smells like lavender and leaves my skin feeling refreshed in the morning. It's marketed as an antibacterial toner that helps to eliminate toxins, nourish and clear the skin. I feel like it has improved the clarity of my skin since using it and that's always a winner in my books. 










Pink
Revlon Lip Butter in Berry Smoothie


I know this isn't technically 'pink', but I couldn't do this tag and not put it in. It's the perfect berry colour for my skin tone and I literally use this everyday for work. It glides on easily and leaves behind a nice stain when it wears. It doesn't have the best staying power but with dry lips like mine, I'm willing to choose moisture over lasting power any day. Mine is on it's last legs, but when it's finished I will definitely be repurchasing. Revlon lip butters are one of my favourite lip products of all time. 









Multicoloured
Tweezerman Mini Tweezers


These are definitely the best tweezers I have used before and it seems to pull it even the smallest hairs. Enough said really!












So there you have it!
My Colours of the Rainbow Tag. Hope it was helpful to at least one of you :)

Hope you are all having a lovely day,
Jess
xoxo


1 comment:

  1. The blush looks pretty! I have that blue nailpolish, how funny. I got it from a giveaway :) it is a great colour.

    x Eve

    ReplyDelete