Tuesday 4 June 2013

A little spot of shopping...

I have never been to Highpoint Shopping Centre...until last Sunday! It was renovated a couple of years ago and you can definitely tell between the "new" and "old" sections,  unlike Westfield Doncaster Shopping Centre. When they renovated that shopping centre the whole centre was redone and therefore you can't tell between the "new and "old" sections. It leads to a more appealing shopping experience. But renovations aside, let's move on to more interesting things! Firstly, lets start off with my outfit, which I also posted on Instagram (yourdailybreak). 





Top: Bardot
Jeans: Cotton On
Jacket: Target
Necklace: Asos

When I go shopping I like a fuss-free simple outfit that is easy to change out and in of in the change rooms. There's nothing worse than spending longer changing back into your clothes than trying on potential new items! I paired my khaki jeans with a loose black top and a striped blazer that I got from the Target kids section! Given I'm only 5 feet I find that I can shop in the kids section and I'm not ashamed to say it. Clothes can be a lot cheaper! For example, I picked this blazer up on sale for only $11 a couple of years ago. It did have heart-shaped pockets but they were easy to remove with an unpicker. I accessorised with a simple silver spiked necklace and wore my black flats (not pictured). 




The end of year financial sales have begun so I did pick up a couple of bargains. From Equip I picked up the mint green and magenta (camera distorted the colour) necklaces for $3.75 and $4.50 respectively, down from $14.99. Bargain! I couldn't decide between the colours so I picked up both. I justified it by telling myself that the cost of both of them was 50% off a full price one. Does that make sense?! haha. The things we do to enable ourselves. 

Highpoint has a Topshop so I HAD to see what they had available. Nothing really grabbed my attention in the clothing section, but I did pick up this Cream Blush in 'Flush' . I was surprised by the price as it was only $12. We all know how Australians get charged a LOT more than America for make-up. Absolutely ridiculous if you ask me, but this price was a pleasant surprise! I will keep you guys posted on whether I like it or not. If I do.. I might be entering dangerous territory and feel the need to pick up every colour! Next on my list to try is their lipsticks. I've heard good things about them so I want to see what the fuss is about for myself!

I dropped by Price Attack to pick up a teasing comb. This blue one was only $4.95 and was the only one they had available in the store. I've always wanted one because my hair is dead straight with little body. I also picked up O.P.I's Can You Tapas This? The sign said it was a discontinued colour and therefore was only $10. We pay $19.95 for an O.P.I nailpolish here in Australia so $10 is a great deal. 

Last but not least was my favourite purchase of the day. It was this grey blazer (boy, do I love my blazers!) from the brand Miss Selfridge. I picked it up from a store called Superglue. I've never seen this shop before but loved it! So many different brands and EVEN a little coffee shop inside! This blazer was not on sale unfortunately and was $75; however, the cut and the fit of the blazer was perfect for me and too good to pass up. I did try it on several times before biting the bullet and purchasing it though. 

Will you be taking advantage of the end of year financial sales anytime soon?

Jess
xoxo




No comments:

Post a Comment