Tuesday 9 July 2013

Recent Beauty Pick-ups

I have picked up a few beauty bits over the last couple weeks from various places including MAC, Chemist Warehouse, Priceline and Woolworths. 


Priceline are actually having 20% off of their Batiste range at the moment. If you noticed from my 'Dry Shampoo Contest' battle I am currently surviving on a tiny travel size bottle of the stuff and since it is my favourite all-rounder dry shampoo it was prime time to stock up! I picked up two, Batiste with a hint of colour and the second was the Big and Bouncy XXL Volume. I have actually been keeping an eye out for the XXL volume since my hair can be quite flat and I have heard good things. Lets hope it holds up to the claims!

Next on my list was one of Rimmel's Apocalips in Celestial which have just hit the shelves in Australia (and America under the name Show Off Lip Lacquer). I have heard rave reviews from bloggers and youtubers in the UK so I could not wait to get my hands on one! I chose the colour Celestial as it was the best everyday pink colour. I really wanted to try a safe everyday natural pink colour before venturing out to some of the more brighter, fun colours. I have my eyes on Nova if it all pans out well - a lovely bright hot pink colour. 

I also picked up Maybelline's Colour Tattoo in Tough as Taupe which is a matte taupe cream shadow. I also have this in 'Bad to the Bronze' (a shimmery bronze) and have to say the staying power and pigmentation of these cream shadows are absolutely amazing even on my eyelids which seem to crease everything. 

Possibly the most exciting purchase was the MAC 217. I have had my eye on this for the longest time but the $37 price tag was not the most ideal. Let's just say that I have finally caved...


Last but not least were these Make Up Design Nail Stickers from Woolworths which I picked up for only $2 as they were on clearance. I went for one with a red base and white polka dots and one with small diamantes all over which I think would be nice used as an accent nail over any colour nail polish. I have never heard of this brand before so it'll be interesting to see how it turns out. 

What have you picked up lately?

Jess
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment