Tuesday 28 May 2013

Camberwell Market Haul!

If you are from Melbourne, you are most likely familiar with the Camberwell Market. This market is held every Sunday from 7am till 12:30pm and is located on Station St in Camberwell. It can be a treasure trove filled with second-hand and hand-crafted goods, from clothing and accessories to candles and soaps. I find that this market can be hit or miss and it really depends on what everyone is selling. I recently went to a Camberwell Market with my friend from 'The Secret Garden of Eve'  and picked up a few goodies at some great prices! 

Clothing



This blazer was $1! Can you believe that?! Talk about a bargain! I'm not the biggest 'pink clothes' fan and come to think about it, I don't have anything pink in my wardrobe, but this blazer is a beautiful light, dusty pink that fits me extremely well and for $1 how could I refuse??? Plus, I can see it now with some light denim shorts and a white blouse. Can you tell I'm already wishing for summer even though we haven't hit winter yet?!


These light denim shorts were $5 and fit me around the waist, but I'm not entirely convinced about the cut. They were a bit baggy when I tried them on at home and I'm not quite sure if the cut is for me. 



Can we see a summer theme here?? I really did try to find winter clothing but I guess it just wasn't meant to be that day! This white lace dress is a size 4 from Forever New and looks brand new. It's not too long and not too short (hits me around mid-thigh on my 5ft tall self!) This will be such an easy-breezy dress in summer and was only $3! 

Accessories


The most expensive item of the trip was this tassel necklace, which was $7. It was on the pricier side for the markets; however, it's totally on trend and fell in love with it straight away. I couldn't leave it there! I'm also considering detaching one of the tassels and making it a single black tassel necklace which would be a good layering piece and great for casual days :)


This silver statement necklace was $5 and will be perfect for those basic outfits.. think skinny jeans, white t-shirt/blouse and a black blazer, which often tends to be my go-to outfit when I don't know what to wear! I love how accessories can bring life to an outfit!

I'd have to say that my favourite purchase was the light pink blazer. Whilst I have blazers aplenty in my wardrobe I have nothing in this colour and it was a steal at $1. 

Anyway, that concludes my Camberwell Market Haul!
Until next time,
Jess :)
xoxo





1 comment:

  1. I really like the shorts, I hope you will get to wear them. That blazer was a bargain! I will have to do a post of my goodies too!

    x Eve

    ReplyDelete